Active Directory is a Microsoft Windows directory service and it has been the forerunner to the Azure AD. The active directory exists on-premises in the Domain controllers (DC) and its core function is to administrate and manage the network resources.
It’s developed in a hierarchal structured framework of objects, where the objects constitute into three major categories – resource (printer), service (e-mail), and also the user (accounts or user and groups). Active directory organizes the objects, control access, and sets security.
However, the modern world has evolved and accepted its migration towards Azure AD as it features multi-factor authentication, team collaboration, flexible security, cost-effectiveness, scalability, and easy to use approach.
What is Azure Active Directory (AD)? How does it surpass the Active Directory?
Azure Active Directory is Microsoft’s multiuser, cloud-based identity and access management service. It has the digital infrastructure that provides passage to the users who can,
- Log in and gain access to the external resources which is present in office 365 and unlimited other SaaS applications.
- Access internal resources such as applications on a company network or intranet.
The concept of remote working has led to major consequences like communication, collaboration, productivity, and along with it certainly what pops into our mind is a security threat. Azure AD overcomes all these issues and allows the users to access the applications safely even when they are away from the office. Azure AD provides endorsement through several ways,
- Eliminates the necessity of multiple logins and grants access to multiple applications with a single login, eliminating password compliance.
- Azure AD isn’t limited to Microsoft alone, it’s designed to support several other products
- Azure AD reduces security threats by catching unusual user activity and takes instant action.
- Microsoft Azure AD allows the users to access, exchange files and collaborate from anywhere and at any time.
Feel the real experience – migrate to Azure with WinMethods
Migration is that the concept of moving the operations from one operating environment to a different operating environment. It would entail the process of moving applications or workloads from an old, outdated system to the modern operating system which benefits in business enhancement. Migration can also take place on a small scale, such as migrating a single system or large-scale, involving many systems, new applications, or a redesigned network.
Here at WinMethods, We implement the migration process in two ways based on the customer’s requirements. Azure Migration Services can be implemented in a hybrid cloud model or azure AD only model.
- In the hybrid-cloud model, Azure Active Directory will be created and synced with the on-prem active directory. This will enable the users to access applications hosted on both on-prem and cloud.
- In the Azure Active Directory model, a complete migration is accomplished from on-prem to azure AD which later eliminates the requirement for the private data center.
In both the methods, all the users will be provided with a new password at the end of the implementation which makes the process simpler and easier for the users, allowing them to access any application from in-office or remotely with a single login and providing advanced security protocol with Azure AD.
At WinMethods, We offer cost-effective and efficient migration services. WinMethods manages the migration of all users, policies, associated rules, ACLs, etc., therefore, guarantee the customers a seamless migration experience and benefiting their business by taking it to a whole new level.