Data Backup has become a crucial activity for most organizations during this pandemic. Since the Covid-19 pandemic has made the organizations perform all their operations remotely which ultimately increased the necessity for data storage and data backup in recent times.
As you all know “prevention is better than cure” likewise backing up data before losing it, is essential.
This blog will line up the details on data backup, Microsoft Azure backup and why it is the best data backup option for the organizations?
Data backup can be done in several ways. Most commonly, the organizations make use of these two methods to perform data backup,
- Store the backup On-premises at a different location which can be utilized later, but storing it On-premise has several drawbacks.
- Choosing the best cloud storage option which is available in the market allows you to store the data remotely to overcome data loss and security issues.
Microsoft Azure Backup:
Microsoft Azure comprises numerous services along with backup-as-a-service (Baas). With this service, it equips your organization with the tools that will allow you to protect all your information with inbuilt customization options based on your application requirement.
Azure almost protects all of your data, starting from local files, folders to large SQL servers, and from the point of share etc. It stores data remotely and offers whenever you need them.
“Scalability, Flexibility and Security” at your doors with Microsoft Azure.
Find out, Why Microsoft Azure is the best data backup option for organizations?
Microsoft Azure offers an instant backup solution that is scalable based on the backup storage requirements with high security and reduced cost. It has the easiest interface, which protects workloads, file share, virtual machine, SQL, and SAP databases.
Microsoft Azure provides the best backup features for the organizations to opt-in,
Microsoft Azure has a Centralized Management interface for data protection. It is used to monitor, operate, govern and optimize data at scale in a collective and compatible way.
Organizations can back up and restore their data from Azure virtual machines with application consistency in windows using volume shadow copy service(VSS) and for Linux, it can be done with pre-and post-processing scripts.
At this challenging time period, cost optimization has become critically important. Therefore, Microsoft Azure allows you to optimize the cost of workload and control your cost. It offers multi-workload support which allows you to back up Azure virtual machines, files and databases.
Durable storage options
Microsoft Azure offers different backup storage options based on your application requirement.
- LSR (Locally-redundant storage) – Stores your data three time within the same data centre in the primary region. Comparatively, it is the low cost-redundancy storage.
- ZSR (Zero-redundant storage) – Stores data synchronously at three Azure location in the primary region, where these three location are physically separate in all aspects.
- GSR (Geo-redundant storage) – Stores data both synchronously three times in the same primary region using LSR and asynchronously in the secondary region which is miles away from the primary region. It is used for high durability applications.
Therefore, if there is a data loss at the primary region due to any sort of unfortunate events, the data can be retrieved from the secondary region. The time gap between the most recent storage in primary region and last storage in secondary region is called Recovery Point Objective (RPO). For Microsoft Azure, the RPO is less than 15 minutes.
“Smoother and cost-effective the Migration, Greater the Satisfaction” – Feel the satisfaction with Win Methods. Withstand business competition by implementing Azure Migration.